Thursday, December 20, 2012

Commuting Firsts

I've been slacking! Mostly this is because nothing of extreme interest has happened in the last few days, and I haven't rode the train as much this week.  I did, however, take my first Minneapolis bus ride.  I had to get to my friend's house in Minnetonka, and due to a series of miracles, I made it!
Here's what first time bus riders need to know:

-There's no need to get to your bus stop 19 minutes early (I was nervous).
-If you have a metro pass, you should tap it when you get OFF, not when you get on (oops).
-It's better to not think about how close the bus is getting to cars, how fast it's going, or how erratic the driver is (horrifying).
-If you want the bus to stop, you have to pull a little yellow cable to request the stop...it doesn't automatically stop at every stop (thank goodness for the guy that also lived in my friend's apartment complex).

So I made it.   Wednesday was another first for me: I fell asleep on the train, on the way home.  I woke up in a panic, frantically felt around to make sure my purse was still there, and then had to ask someone what stop we were at in case I had missed mine...turns out I only slept for 5 minutes, so I was fine. I'm sure I was quite the spectacle though...I hope someone blogged about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment