Monday, December 10, 2012

Light Rail Fail

So I'm on the light rail.  In front of me is the handicapped seating, and next to that, the bike racks.  A man who is approximately 400 pounds sits down in front of me, in the handicapped seating.  Then, a woman in a little rascal scooter slides into the train with gusto.  "Woah, woah, LOOK OUT!"was the key message, and she then scooted (rascal-ed?) her way up to the handicapped seating.  She took one look at the guy, and instead of asking him to move, started to back her scooter repeatedly into his knees.  He remained calm (good for him, I would have lost it), and asked her if he could help her into the spot across the aisle, which was technically a bike rack area, but had ample room for her scooter.
Her response?

"This ain't no bike! Do I look like I'm going to be jumping on a ten speed anytime soon? NO! I have 3 wheels! It's motorized! I CAN'T WALK! Now you just let me know if I'm going to hit you!"....WHACK.

I got off the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment